Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Within the Financial Services industry, Hyland has heard the need for increased automation, and Hyland RPA is the answer. In this example, we will see how Hyland RPA (formerly known as Task Automator) can help introduce efficiency and value in the Lending process, specifically in the Loan Document Tracking solution. In the demonstration video, you will see how Hyland RPA interacts with the Hyland Platform and public websites to allow your organization to help drive your automation strategy.
Watch a brief demonstration of Hyland RPA!
Digital transformation continues to evolve and organizations are seeking ways to optimize the experience their users and employees have when interacting with information. Hyland RPA – the RPA offering from IDT and Hyland Software – makers of OnBase helps to improve the user experience and accelerate digital processes by automating manual, rule-based, and repetitive tasks where human touch does not add business value.
The concept and the process are relatively simple to explain. Hyland RPA learns by recording how human users perform the process and then leverages a digital user (robot) to perform the process going forward. This RPA capability natively extends the Content Services and ECM suite of integration and process automation tools like Workflow and Application Enabler, adding “Process Storyboards” for automating tasks across our products as well as 3rd-party applications. You can think of Process Storyboards as the scripts or macros behind the scenes that perform the same steps that a knowledge worker would complete in a repetitive fashion over and over.
By creating a digital workforce, Hyland RPA:
- Increases business process efficiency and accuracy: A bot can perform clicks and keystrokes certainly faster and more accurately than any human, without getting tired or needing to multitask or prioritize activities. The bot works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and no overtime pay is required. Bots won’t call in sick and won’t take vacations.
- Improves information security and compliance: Think about data privacy for a moment. Accessing and processing sensitive data without human involvement reduces the risk of exposure and enables defensible audit trails and chain of custody.
- Improves human capital utilization: Moving employees from repetitive and unexciting tasks to higher-value business activities can help improve engagement and reduce employee churn. Repetitive tasks are ideal for a bot, not so much for people. Hyland RPA works at the level of the user interface, simplifying integration between systems, and requiring low to no-code configuration. This allows business groups the agility to easily deploy new bots as business needs evolve and frees up both end-users and IT resources for more demanding, value-added initiatives.
Here are some practical examples of where RPA’s should be considered and can be leveraged:
- Going to external websites or web portals to grab the same information over and over on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. RPA lets you automate the website login process, navigating through screens to get to key information, then download data/documents and rinse and repeat the process as often as necessary.
- Repetitive data entry. Because RPA’s have the capability to recognize patterns and because they can recognize and convert text into editable and searchable machine-encoded text, RPA’s have the ability to drastically reduce the need for manual data entry.
- Bridging the gap where application features may lack in your line of the business system result in assigning the job the software should do to a human. Let’s face it, your main line of business application likely lacks some feature or capability, requiring you to bridge the shortfall and subsequently assign the manual task over to an employee to perform the work.
- The dreaded “Stare and Compare.” Screen scraping, OCR (Optical Character Recognition), and basic pattern recognition technologies enable data extraction from almost any format, reducing the need for keying in data.
Download and read the product data-sheet by clicking here!
Watch an updated demonstration of Hyland RPA by clicking here!
Watch a brief demonstration of Task Automator by clicking here!
Contact our team to learn more about our Robotic Process Automation solutions. We’re proud to partner with clients across the country.